The ODIN GPS-03 contains a multi-color LED which indicates the status of the device. Below you can find more information which explains the different statuses of the device.
Turning the device on/off
When the device is OFF, and you want to turn it on:
The LED will be off and will not blink. When the device is OFF and the power button is being pressed, the LED will show a white color. When the power button is being pressed down for 1 full second the device will turn ON and the LED will display a short sequence of red, green and blue colors. The device is now on and the LED will blink every second.
When the device is ON, and you want to turn it off:
The LED will either blink or be off (depending on the device settings in the app). To turn off the device: press the power button, the LED will show a red color. Keep the power button pressed for 2 full seconds, after which the LED will turn green for a moment and then turn off. The device is now powered off.
How to know whether the device is ON or OFF?
Normally when the device is ON the LED will blink every second. However the LED can either be turned off manually (via the smartphone app in the device settings) or can be turned off temporary while the device is sleeping (which happens when the device is set to only send location updates once every x minutes). To know for sure whether the device is powered ON or OFF you can shortly tap the power button. If the LED turns WHITE it means the device is currently powered OFF. If the LED turns RED the device is currently powered ON.
When the device is on
When the device is powered ON, the LED will blink every second by default and there are three different options:
- White (blinking): The device has just been turned on and is looking for a network connection, but has not found one yet.
- Green (blinking): The device has an active network connection and is sending low-accuracy location updates to the server.
- Blue (blinking): The device has an active network connection and a valid GPS fix, and is sending high-accuracy location updates to the server.
In the first few seconds after the device is turned on the device runs a few checks.
- If the LED flashes RED for a few times and then turns off: it means the battery is empty. Please recharge the device via the USB-C cable, then try turning it on again.
- If the LED flashes PURPLE for a few times and then turns off: it means an internal error occurred, for example: the SIM card cannot be accessed. Try recharging the device to 100% and then try powering ON the device again. If it still doesn't work then please uninstall the smartphone app (and remove all settings), download the latest version of the app and pair the tracker again. This reconfigures the tracker and makes sure all settings are correctly synced. If it still doesn't work, please contact customer support.
When the device is being charged
If the USB-C power cable is attached to the device, the internal battery will be charged automatically. This will be indicated by the LED which will turn RED for the duration of the charging process. When charging is complete, the LED will flash GREEN a few times and then automatically extinguish and turn off. If the LED alternates between RED and YELLOW it means the device is powered ON and charging at the same time.
When activating pairing mode
When pressing the power button 5 times within a few seconds the LED will turn BLUE. This means that pairing mode is currently activated. The device can now be paired with your smartphone. To disable pairing mode, either press the power button again for 5 times to switch to normal tracking mode, or keep the power button pressed for 2 seconds to turn the device OFF.