Whenever you use our website, including our application, cookies and other tracking technologies can be used in various ways, such as making the ODIN Tracking systems website work, to analyze traffic to improve our site and services. These technologies are either used by us directly, or by our business partners. If you want to learn more about what a cookie is, how they are used and what your choices are, please read more here.
What is a cookie?
Cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember some information or to record the user's browsing activity.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. Cookies of ODIN Tracking systems are cookies which are served by the entity operating the domain through which the cookie is served. In case we allow others to service cookies through the ODIN Tracking systems websites and apps, these cookies are not possession of ODIN Tracking systems.
We are using session cookies. Session cookies will only exist until you close your browser. Only in exceptional circumstances, such as for security purposes and where absolutely necessary, some cookies will have a longer lifespan.
How are cookies used?
Cookies are used for different purposes. They allow you to be recognized as the same user across the pages of a website. The types of information that we collect through cookies include viewed pages, browser type, browsing information, operating system, internet service provider, timestamp, whether you have responded to an advertisement, the referring URL, and features used or activities engaged in within the website/apps.
Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced, user-friendly website that adapt automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make them function correctly or to manage your order. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively. If you are using the ODIN Tracking systems to make an order, for example, these cookies remember your preferred language. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website or apps, but they add functionality and enhance your experience with us.
Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use ODIN Tracking systems. This means we can find out what works and what doesn't, optimize and improve our websites or apps, understand the effectiveness of advertisements and communications, and ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather can include which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used.
It also means we can use details about how you’ve interacted with the site. In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes through Google Analytics from certain browser types, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on(only for desktop).
Google uses this information to keep track of how our website is used, to provide reports about the website to us and to provide its advertisers with information about the effectiveness of their campaigns. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if Google is legally required to do so, or if third parties process the information on Google's behalf. We have no influence over this. We have not given Google permission to use Analytics information obtained through us for other Google services.
Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisations.
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
What are your choices?
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
If you choose not to accept certain technical and/or functional cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website.
If you have any questions about this Cookie Statement, please send an email to email@example.com. Our Cookie Statement may also be amended from time to time. So visit this page regularly to stay informed.